Below you’ll find some great wineries + things to do to help you plan your own wonderful weekend getaway! Of course, why limit yourself to a weekend if you’ve got more time? Traveling with kiddos? Presque Isle State Park is a kid’s paradise! And if camping makes you happy, check out this post for Camping in wine country.
Accommodations: The Colonial Motel
Wineries We Love:
- The Freeport Restaurant for BREAKFAST! The sweet potato pancakes + cinnamon rolls are the best you’ll ever eat – trust me!
- Rum Runners Cove (climb the Bicentennial Tower enjoy the sunset at Dobbins Landing where the restaurant is located)
More things to do:
- Presque Isle State Park (beaches, hiking, boat tours, perfect sunsets, and biking)
- Freeport Beach
- Sunset at Northeast Marina
- Dobbins Landing (Bicentennial Tower + Rum Runners Cove)
- Asbury Park
- Erie Zoo
- Music in the Vineyards (Saturdays in July at Penn Shore Winery)
- Northeast Wine Country Harvest Festival (September)